Sri Lanka - Canada Scholarship Foundation Scholarships
Sri Lanka - Canada Scholarship Foundation (SLCSF) is a Canadian charity established in 1998 and registered in British Columbia, Canada. Its main objective is to advance education by providing scholarships and educational material to financially disadvantaged students in Sri Lanka, who continually demonstrate academic excellence.
Our current focus is on students in Sri Lanka who are studying in grades 12 and 13. The Foundation annually selects a number of students and provides Sri Lankan Rupees 2000 per student per month for a total of 24 months (two years).
By advertising in Sri Lankan newspapers, applications are invited from students who satisfy the following criteria;
- An academic achievement of a minimum of seven (7) 'A' passes (out of 9 subjects) in the most recent GCE O/L (General Certificate of Education - Ordinary Level) examination
- GCE (O/L) examination results certified by the school principal
- A certification from the Grama Officer (the Government Representative for the area of residence of the student) attesting to the suitability of the student for financial support for education, based on the economic standing of the family
Out of the applications received that satisfy the above criteria, the Board of Directors select the most deserving children based on a priority ranking of academic excellence, economic hardships and other factors such as family handicaps (eg: deceased parents), for the award of the scholarships. After the scholarship has been awarded, the student's suitability for continued assistance is evaluated, based on their performance in the examinations conducted by the schools.
Due to lack of funds, SLCSF Scholarships are currently limited to Sri Lankan students who have passed the most recent GCE (O/L) examination with a minimum of seven (7) A's, for the first time, and are now studying for their GCE (Advanced Level) examination.
Read the instructions carefully before completing the application. Complete and mail us either the English or Sinhala application form.
We do not accept application forms sent by email.
- English Scholarship Application form (PDF)
- English Instructions to complete the Scholarship Application form (PDF)
- Sinhala Scholarship Application form (PDF)
- Sinhala Instructions to complete the Scholarship Application form (PDF)
Mailing Address for Applications
Assistant Sri Lankan Coordinator
Sri Lanka – Canada Scholarship Foundation
No: 34, 1st Cross Street
(604) 507 3272
P.O. Box 1163 , Colombo
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).