Master of Regional Development and Planning - MRDP 2023/24
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University/ Institution in Regional Development Planning; or
- Any other Bachelor’s Degree, with prior learning/ work experience in Regional Development; or
- Postgraduate Diploma (SLQF 8) from a recognized University/Institution or an equivalent Qualification acceptable to the Faculty Board and Senate of the University with prior learning/ work experience in Regional Development; or
- Professional qualifications in Regional Development Planning from a recognized professional body which is acceptable to the Faculty Board and Senate of the University with prior learning/work experience in Regional Development; or
- Completion of NVQ Level 7 (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in SLQF) with relevant work experience in Regional Development as determined by the Faculty Board and Senate of the University; And
- A good knowledge of English language and satisfactory performance at a selection test/ selection interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Application form can be downloaded from the Faculty website fgs.cmb.ac.lk. Completed application form along with the certified copies of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate, relevant educational and professional qualifications and work experience (if any) and payment slips should be scanned and sent via email (email@example.com). In addition, the photo copies of original certified documents should also be sent through the registered post to reach the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo No 35/30. Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07 on or before 15th September 2023. Please mention the programme name on the left side of the envelope.
Application fee of LKR 3,000/= (Local Students)/ 40 USD (Foreign Students) can be paid by using the code 318091200002 through any People's Bank Branch or by using the online payment portal (pay.cmb.ac.lk)
MRDP 6101 – Regional Development and Planning
MRDP 6102 – The Economy of Sri Lanka and Development Planning
MRDP 6103 – Project Planning and Implementation
MRDP 6104 – Natural Hazards and Disaster Management (Elective Subject)
MRDP 6205 – Computer Applications in Data Analysis
MRDP 6206 – Environmental Conservation and Management
MRDP 6207 – Independent Research Study
MRDP 6208 – Tourism and Development (Elective Subject)
MRDP 6209 – GIS and Remote Sensing (Elective Subject)
MRDP 6210 – Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (Elective Subject)
- The Master of Regional Development and Planning (MRDP) course consists of ten taught modules of which six modules are compulsory and four modules are elective. Student should select only three modules from four elective modules. The taught modules are structured around a programme of formal lectures, self-reading, presentations, assignments, and classroom discussions.
- Activities such as seminars with outside speakers, case study, workshops, field study workshops and field study visits designed to bridge the gap between academic work and practical aspects of the subject constitute an essential component of the programme.
- All taught courses will be assessed by a combination of final examination and presentations/take home assignments.
Visit https://fgs.cmb.ac.lk/course/busi-mgmt-2023-24/ for more information.
December 23, 2023
+94 11 205 56 56
35/30, Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka , Colombo 07
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).