Diploma in English
The Department of English Language Teaching of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura has designed this course in response to a growing demand from students and professionals.
One year Diploma in English is offered by the Department of English Language Teaching of the University to address the growing demand of professionals and school leavers. The students who successfully complete the Certificate Course in English offered by the Department of English Language will also benefit, as they have a path to further enhance their competency in the target language.
By the end of this course the students are expected to;
- be aware of the nature of language
- have a knowledge of the different varieties of language
- understand what constitutes error in language
- understand how language is acquired
- know which methodologies can be used to teach English
- know the principles on which modern language teaching is based
- know what is involved in developing language skills
- know how different aids and techniques can be used to do this
- be able to integrate skills: the four skills
- be aware of the factors affecting teaching aims
- understand the role of the teacher and have a basis for self-evaluation
- be aware of the different modes of classroom interaction
- be able to plan effective lessons
- have a knowledge of the main concerns of linguistic theory
- have started to relate linguistic theory to the practice of teaching
+94 11 2 758000, +94 11 2 802022
Gangodawila , Nugegoda
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).