Master of Business Analytics (MBAn)
@ University of Moratuwa - UOM
The programme is designed to:
- Offer students a broad, coherent, balanced and comprehensive portfolio of modules, covering the relevant disciplines of Business Analytics.
- Convey the importance of analytics for management decision making using a variety of teaching and learning experiences including lectures, tutorials, case analyses and projects.
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills required to solve complex problems in both technical and management areas at different hierarchical levels and to make data driven decisions.
- Equip students with the skills and tools for effectively communicating analytical findings to specialist and non-specialist groups
- Create an enquiring, analytical and creative approach to business issues, and encourage independent judgement, decision-making.
- Instill students with leadership aspirations with the technical and quantitative skills required to effectively utilize data together with business and management knowledge.
- Produce decision-makers and critical thinkers who use analytics and problem-solving skills to make better decisions in the data-driven business world of the twenty-first century.
The Programme is structured as a four semester (1.5 year) degree programme. The semesters consist of taught course modules as well as the research project.
- Semester 1
- Business Statistics
- Programming for Business Analytics
- Operations Research
- Semester 2
- Database Management
- Data Management & Visualization
- Statistical & Machine Learning
- Semester 3
- Data Mining
- Advanced Machine Learning Applications
- Analytics Practicum
- Semester 4
- Business Process Management (E)
- Time Series Econometrics (E)
- Spatial Data Analytics (E)
- Big Data Technologies (E)
- Analytics Practicum (continued)
The selection of students to the Master’s Degree Programme will be made by the Department of Decision Sciences, in accordance with one of the following extended eligibility requirements, approved by the Senate.
- An Honors Bachelor’s degree of the Faculty of Business, University of Moratuwa OR
- Any other four (04) year degree in Business/Management or closely related area from a recognized University as may be approved by the Senate OR
- Any other four (04) year non-business/non-management degree from a recognized University with a minimum of one (01) year period of appropriate post-qualifying experience as may be approved by the Senate OR
- Any three (03) year degree from a recognized University as may be approved by the Senate with a minimum of two (02) year period of appropriate post-qualifying experience OR
- Any recognized professional qualification equivalent to a three (03) year degree obtained through an academic route/SLQF Level 5, as may be approved by the Senate with a minimum of two (02) year period of appropriate post-qualifying experience as may be approved by the Senate OR
- Senior managers and entrepreneurs who have an exceptional and outstanding track record (The University will use separate admission procedure to determine the eligibility of such applicants under this category and the number of places allocated will be limited to 10% of the class size)
The selection to the MBAn degree Programmes is through an open competitive process. The applicant’s educational qualifications, professional qualifications, commitment to advanced study, demonstrated aptitude for analytical skills, and academic/professional references all contribute to the evaluation of a candidate.
Course Fee and the Payment Structure
The course fee of Rs. 450,000/= can be paid in full at the commencement of the course. Payments can also be made in two installments of Rs. 225,000/= during the course period.
- Download the fillable PDF Application form and open with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Fill the information on the PDF itself and save the file.
- Email the completed application PDF along with the payment receipt and other documents on or before 14th February, 2023.
- The Application Processing Fee of Rs. 1,500/- may be paid at any Bank of Ceylon branch in favor of University of Moratuwa, A/C No: 70993353, Bank of Ceylon, Katubedda..
- Online bank transfers are also accepted. But ATM/CDM machine payments are not accepted.
- For physical bank payments write the payment reference as: "MBAn - Application fee". Also specify your NIC number.
- For online payments state the payment reference as: "MBAn App".
+94 11 2 640270
Katubedda , Moratuwa
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).