Child psychology is one of the many branches of psychology and one of the most frequently studied specialty areas. This course provides students with the essential knowledge and skills to understand and work with children from early childhood to adolescence whilst it deals not only with how children grow physically, but with their mental, emotional, and social development as well. The knowledge acquired from this program is essential for preschool teaching, special needs education, child and social care, rehabilitation, child mental health, school counseling, school administration, refugee and trauma management and in nursing and related fields and many other fields.
The problems addressed by the counseling psychology course are:
- School and career/work adjustment concerns.
- Relationship difficulties-including marital and family difficulties.
- Learning and skill deficits.
- Stress relief and coping with negative life events.
- Organizational problems.
- Dealing with and adjusting to physical disabilities, disease or injury.
- Personal/social adjustment.
- The development of one’s identity.
- Persistent difficulties with relating to other people in general.
At the successful completion of this dual diploma programme you will be awarded with two UK certificates for "Diploma in Child Psychology" and "Diploma in Counseling & Psychology". You will appreciate the teaching methodology that our trainers adopt to deliver these programs. Both programs are completely handled by a panel of experienced lectures and child & counseling specialists. Following teaching and learning methods will be used for developing the required knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Group discussions and group assignments
- Practical assignments
- Oral and written presentations
- Video films
- Role plays
- Field trips
- Case studies
- Introduction to Psychology
- Early Childhood Development
- Advanced Child Psychology
- The Developing Child and Mental Illness
- Counseling for Children
- Motivation and emotions
- Introduction to counseling
- Basic counseling skills
- Professional ethics in counseling
- Advanced counseling skills and techniques
- Introduction to therapy and treatment
After A/L's (Pending A/L's can be enrolled under conditional offer), and Age not less than 19 years, and Fluency of the English language is essential
Assessments Method: 2 Exams, 1 Assignment and 1 Practical Log Books
Registration Fee: 20,000.00
Certificate Fee: 45,000
Tuition Fee: 15,000 * 4 Months
Total: Rs. 125,000.00
Duration : 6 Months
3 International Certifications:
Certificate 1: Diploma in Child and Educational Psychology - from ABE Endorsed qualifications.
Certificate 2: Diploma in Counselling and Psychology - from ABE Endorsed qualifications.
Certificate 3: Dual Diploma in Psychology; Counselling Psychology and Child Psychology - from Gatehouse QES Qualification UK.