Master of Philosophy/Doctor of Philosophy (MPhil/PhD) 2023
- Has obtained a Bachelor’s Honours degree (SLQF level 06) from a recognized University/ Institution with First or Second Class Upper Division with a minimum of 30 credits in the relevant field; OR
- Has obtained a Bachelor’s degree (SLQF level 05), with postgraduate qualifications in the relevant field with
substantial research component acceptable to the Faculty Board and the Senate; OR
- Has obtained a two-year full-time Master’s degree with a substantial research component (SLQF level 10) in the relevant field acceptable to the Faculty Board and the Senate; OR
- Has obtained any other Master’s degree (complying with the requirements of SLQF level 9) in the relevant field with a substantial research component acceptable to the Faculty Board and the Senate; AND
- A good knowledge of English language and satisfactory performance at a selection test and/or interview.
How to Apply
Application form can be downloaded from the Faculty website fgs.cmb.ac.lk. Completed application form along with the certified copies of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate, relevant educational and professional qualifications and work experience (if any) and payment slips should be scanned and sent via email (email@example.com). In addition, the hard copies of these certified documents should also be sent through the registered post to reach the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo, No 35/30, Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07 on or before 30th October 2022. Please mention the programme name on the left side of the envelope.
Application fee of LKR 10,000/= (Local Students)/ USD 50 (Foreign Students) can be paid by using the code 318-0572-0000-8 through any People’s Bank Branch or by using the online payment portal (pay.cmb.ac.lk).
Download MPhil/PhD Brochure: https://fgs.cmb.ac.lk/wp-content/uploads/MPhil-PhD-Brochure.pdf
January 01, 2023
2 Years or 3 Years
LKR 923,000/= (MPhil) or LKR 1,382,000/= (PhD)
+94 11 2 581835, +9411 2 584695
35/30, Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka , Colombo 07
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).