Masters in Information Systems Management - MISM 2024/2026
Masters in Information Systems Management (MISM) program is intended to provide the opportunity for professionals/executives to increase their breadth and depth of knowledge and qualifications in information systems processes and information resource management.
Weekend Programme | SLQF level 10 | Number of Credits 60
Medium of Instructions - English
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/institution in Information Systems Management; or
- Any other Bachelor’s degree, with prior learning/work experience in Information Systems Management; or
- Postgraduate Diploma (SLQF 8) from a recognized university/institution or an equivalent Qualification acceptable to the Faculty Board of the FGS and the Senate of University of Colombo with prior learning/work experience in Information Systems Management; or
- Professional qualification in Information Systems Management from a recognized professional body acceptable to the Faculty Board of the FGS and the Senate of the University of Colombo with prior learning/work experience in Information Systems Management; or
- Completion of NVQ level 7 (equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in SLQF) with relevant work experience in Information Systems Management determined to be acceptable by the Faculty Board of the FGS and the Senate of the University of Colombo; And
- A good knowledge of English language and satisfactory performance at a selection interview and/or selection test
- Each application under clause (v) shall be considered on its merit
How to Apply
Application form can be downloaded from the Faculty website fgs.cmb.ac.lk. Completed application form along with the certified copies of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate, relevant educational and professional qualifications and work experience (if any) and payment slips should be scanned and sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, the photo copies of original certified documents should also be sent through the registered post to reach the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo, No 35/30, Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07 on or before 09th October 2023. Please mention the programme name on the left side of the envelope.
Application fee of LKR 3,000/= (Local Students)/ 40 USD (Foreign Students) can be paid by using the code 318121500003 through any People’s Bank Branch or by using the online payment portal (pay.cmb.ac.lk).
MISM 6101 – Fundamentals of Information Systems and New Trends
MISM 6102 – Information Systems Project Management
MISM 6103 – Data and Information Management
MISM 6104 – Information Policy and Enterprise Architecture
MISM 6105 – Information Systems Modelling
MISM 6201 – Organizational IT Infrastructure Development
MISM 6202 – IS Strategy, Acquisition and Management
MISM 6203 – Information Assurance, Security and IT Law
MISM 6204 – Information for Decision Making and Business Intelligence
MISM 6205 – Introduction to Research Methods
MISM 6211 – Business Information (Elective)
MISM 6212 – Health Information (Elective)
MISM 6213 – Industrial Information (Elective)
MISM 6301 – Information Literacy and Academic Writing
MISM 6302 – Advanced Research Methods and Statistics
MISM 6304 – Innovation and Entrepreneurship
MISM 6305 – Leadership and Professionalism
MISM 6303 – Research Seminar
MISM 6321 – Research project
Visit https://fgs.cmb.ac.lk/course/mism/ for more information.
December 16, 2023
October 09, 2023
LKR 325,000/- Can be paid installments
+94 11 2 055656
35/30, Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, , Colombo 07
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).