Master of Development Studies - MDS 2023
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University/Institution in Development studies; OR
- Any other Bachelor’s degree, with prior learning/work experience in Development studies; OR
- Postgraduate Diploma (SLQF 8) from a recognized University/Institution or an equivalent Qualification acceptable to the Faculty Board and Senate of the University with prior learning/ work experience in Development studies; OR
- Professional qualification in Development studies from a recognized professional body which is acceptable to the Faculty Board and Senate of the University with prior learning/ work experience in Development studies; OR
- Completion of NVQ level 7 (Equivalent to bachelor’s degree in SLQF) with relevant work experience in Development as determined by the Faculty Board and Senate of the University; And
- A good knowledge of the English language and satisfactory performance at a selection test/ selection interview.
How to Apply
Application form can be downloaded from the Faculty website fgs.cmb.ac.lk. Completed application form along with the certified copies of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate, relevant educational and professional qualifications and work experience (if any) and payment slips should be scanned and sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, the hard copies of these certified documents should also be sent through the registered post to reach the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo, No 35/30, Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07 on or before 17th October 2022. Please mention the programme name on the left side of the envelope.
Application fee of LKR 3,000/= (Local Students)/ USD 15 (Foreign Students) can be paid by using the code 318-0213-0000-8 through any People’s Bank Branch or by using the online payment portal (pay.cmb.ac.lk).
MDS 6101 – Economic Growth and Development
MDS 6102 – Research Methodology
MDS 6103 – Statistical Techniques for Development Research
MDS 6104 – Appraisal Techniques in Development Projects
MDS 6201 – Economic Development of Sri Lanka
MDS 6202 – Sociology of Development
MDS 6203 – International Trade and Development
MDS 6204 – Education and Development
MDS 6205 – Independent Study
January 01, 2023
+94 11 2 05 56 56
35/30, Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka , Colombo 03
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).