Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management - PGDip (Busi Mgmt) 2023/24
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University/ Institution in Business Management; OR
- Any other Bachelor’s degree, with prior learning/ work experience in Business Management; OR
- Professional qualification in Business Management from a recognized professional body acceptable to the Faculty Board of the FGS and Senate of the University of Colombo with prior learning/ work experience in Business Management; OR
- Completion of NVQ level 7 (equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in SLQF) with relevant work experience in Business Management as determined by the Faculty Board of the FGS and Senate of the University of Colombo; OR
- Diploma or Higher Diploma from the University of Colombo or qualification equivalent to SLQF Three/Four (03/04) with relevant work experience in Business Management as determined by the Faculty Board of the FGS and Senate of the University of Colombo;
- A good knowledge of English language and satisfactory performance at a selection test and/or selection interview.
- Each application under clause (iv) and clause (v) shall be considered on its merit.
How to Apply
Application form can be downloaded from the Faculty website fgs.cmb.ac.lk. Completed application form along with the certified copies of National Identity Card, Birth
Certificate, relevant educational and professional qualifications and work experience (if any) and payment slips should be scanned and sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). In
addition, the photo copies of original certified documents should also be sent through the registered post to reach the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies,
University of Colombo, No 35/30, Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07 on or before 31st August 2023. Please mention the programme name on the left side of the envelope.
Application fee of LKR 3,000/= (Local Students)/ 40 USD (Foreign Students) can be paid by using the code 318541100003 through any People’s Bank Branch or by using the online payment portal (pay.cmb.ac.lk).
PGDBM 5101 – Accounting and Finance
PGDBM 5102 – Business Economics
PGDBM 5103 – Quantitative Techniques
PGDBM 5104 – Management Process & Practices
PGDBM 5205 – Human Resource Management
PGDBM 5206 – Operations Management
PGDBM 5207 – Marketing Management
PGDBM 5208 – Strategic Management
PGDBM 5209 – Research Methods
- The program of study leading to the PGDip (Busi Mgmt), unless otherwise decided by the Senate on the recommendation of the Faculty Board for special reasons, as prescribed in the schedule shall be one academic year with nine (09) courses of 26 credits, offered in two semesters.
- The titles of courses, syllabi, course codes, credit point and other details are those set out in the schedule and the Senate shall have power, on the recommendation of the Faculty Board of the FGS to amend, add to, delete from or vary the courses, their titles, syllabi, course codes, credit points and other details of the programme. Such amendments shall come into effect after due notice.
- The Programme of Study and Examinations leading to the PGDip (Busi Mgmt) will be conducted in the conventional mode and/or through the information communication technology driven on-line mode or a combination of multi-modes and these By-Laws, and other relevant By-Laws, Rules and Regulations passed by the University of Colombo shall be so applied and interpreted in order to facilitate the effective conduct of the study programme without compromising its integrity and quality.
- The medium of instruction and examination shall be English.
- The Senate, on the recommendation of the Faculty Board of the FGS shall appoint a Board of Examiners to conduct examinations and assess the performance of candidates.
- The Senate, on the recommendation of the Faculty Board shall appoint a Board of Examiners to conduct and assess the performance of candidates.
November 18, 2023
+94 11 205 56 56
35/30, Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka , Colombo 07
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).