Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality Management (DTHM)
This SLQF 3 Diploma (NVQL 5) qualification in Tourism & Hospitality Management is exclusively designed to provide the participants with a fast, cost-effective, and flexible alternative to enter the tourism and hospitality industry. The study programme provides an in-depth understanding of key operational and management functions of the tourism and hospitality industry, such as hotel management including four departments (food and beverage, housekeeping, front office and kitchen), understanding of tourism & hospitality, product knowledge, management aspects, travel agency management, human resource management, marketing and entrepreneurship etc. The students can complete this qualification in one-year period of study. Upon completion, students will receive an internationally recognized qualification that can significantly enhance their job prospects.
Intended Course Outcomes
This Diploma will help to shape developments in a sustainable and responsible tourism industry. The course will contribute to this process by combining academic analysis of trends in tourism and practical contact with hospitality aspects of that industry. Students who complete this course should be able to:
- Apply the appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes for successful careers in the field of tourism & hospitality.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of national and international trends in tourism.
- Apply both theoretical and practical knowledge and skills to specific case studies.
- Demonstrate how theoretical concepts can be applied in the workplace by undertaking an appropriate placement in tourism & hospitality.
- Act ethically as professionals within the field of the national and international tourism & hospitality industry.
The course runs for one year. During the course period, the students should sit for the three written examinations at the end of each semester. Classes are scheduled on weekends only.
Medium of Instruction
English & Sinhala
The lectures will be conducted during the weekends using the virtual mode of delivery and the semester examinations will be on physical mode.
+94 71 6785506
Centre for Open & Distance Learning (CODL) , Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka , P.O. Box 02 , Belihuloya
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).