PGD in Special Needs Education
@ Open University of Sri Lanka - OUSL
The Department of Special Needs Education of the Faculty of Education offers this fifteen-month programme. The medium of instruction will be determined on the basis of the student number in each medium. The target group is graduate teachers who are interested in Special Needs Education. This programme has been accepted by the Ministry of Education as equivalent to the Post-graduate Diploma in Education offered by the OUSL and any other Post-graduate Diplomas offered by any other conventional university.
To enable participants to perform effectively as teachers by;
- Enhancing knowledge and understanding related to Inclusive Education
- Becoming familiar with accepted theories and practices in Special Needs Education
- Developing positive attitudes in working with children who have special needs
- Developing skills needed through practical work in special needs education
- Sensitizing to current issues related to the specific needs of individuals and groups placed in special circumstances
- Strengthening capability in interacting with parents of children with special needs
The specific aims of this programme are to offer a Postgraduate Diploma in Special Needs Education which would deal comprehensively with all aspects of special needs education, to develop professional knowledge, attitudes and skills of teachers.
+94 11 2 881492
P.O. Box 21 , Nawala , Nugegoda
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).