BSc Hons (Engineering) In Mechatronics Engineering
In today’s globally competitive business environment, the industries are getting automated for fast and efficient processing. Hence in electronic and other engineering industries, we can readily find involvement of the above fields of engineering. The program curriculum had been devised considering the local requirements and applications. It had matched the guidelines of the Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka and the Washington Accord. Hence the recipient of the degree will be ready to work in the local and/or foreign Mechatronics Engineering job market.
- The Faculty of Engineering established Mechatronics Engineering as a stream with qualified personnel and equipment to provide world-class exposure to Mechatronics.
- This multidisciplinary stream will expose students to new industry avenues, allowing them to approach emerging industries and world-class companies, allowing them to achieve high pay scales and reputation.
- Academic activities will be carried out by a multidisciplinary academic team with expertise in Mechatronics, Micro-mechatronics, Biomedical Engineering, Micro/Nano Electro-Mechanical streams (MEMS/NEMS), and Nanotechnology.
- Mechatronics, Micro-mechatronics, and automation laboratories are outfitted with high-tech laboratory equipment, computers, simulation software packages, data acquisition systems, virtual instruments, robotic design tools, sensors, and actuator design and testing tools, and so on.
- Furthermore, students are encouraged to compete in local and international Mechatronic systems design competitions, which provide an excellent platform for showcasing and developing their skills. Guest lectures and industrial visits will also be held on a regular basis.
Why Mechatronic is So Important?
- Multidisciplinary Skills
- A mechatronics engineering technology degree from CINEC combines a wide range of skills in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, and control systems. In some ways, it's similar to getting three or four engineering technology degrees in one.
- High Impact Jobs
- Mechatronics jobs are expected to grow rapidly over the next ten years. Recently, the Sri Lankan government identified mechatronics as a high-priority, high-impact emerging field. A mechatronics degree from CINEC Campus will prepare you for a career as a mechatronics engineering technologist in a vast array of industries. When someone asks, “What can you do with a mechatronics degree?” very often the answer is “Almost anything you want. Mechatronics is a high-tech field, and job candidates with a mechatronics engineering technology degree from an accredited program, such as the one offered at CINEC, are in high demand. Indeed, the Sri Lankan Department of Labor has designated mechatronics as a “high-priority” occupation with rapidly expanding job opportunities. Mechatronics engineering will be in high demand as more businesses advance their technologies and turn to sophisticated intelligent systems and robotics. Even manufacturing companies considering a technology upgrade consult with mechatronics engineers to assess assembly line efficiency and costs. So, what kinds of jobs can you expect with a CINEC mechatronics degree? Read on to learn more about your numerous career options, which range from advanced manufacturing to homeland security.
- Hands-on Labs
- Because mechatronics is a hands-on field, it's only natural that a mechatronics degree program would be as well. In our state-of-the-art labs, all of our mechatronics engineering technology students put theory into reality. You'll be dealing with the same components, systems, and technologies that today's field specialists use. This means you'll graduate with the confidence and experience you'll need, with far less on-the-job training than many of your contemporaries.
- A Resume that Stands Out
- Employers and recruiting managers in the mechatronics industry seek people with a comprehensive engineering and technological background as well as the ability to apply that knowledge to real-world challenges. CINEC's mechatronics engineering program combines comprehensive courses, significant lab work, and internship opportunities to make you a competitive candidate for top mechatronics positions. CINEC program graduates have the preparedness that attracts employers' attention, as well as the confidence to succeed from the first day on the job.
+94 70 2 002333 +94 70 6 799 242
Millennium Drive , IT Park , Malabe
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).