B.Ed (Hons) in English
This programme aims to produce teachers who are competent to teach English Language and Literature in secondary schools including G.C.E Advance Level classes.
- Passes in three subjects (with English as a subject) at G.C.E (Advanced Level) examination (Sri Lanka/London) with minimum entry qualification specified by UGC OR
- Passes in three subjects at G.C.E (Advanced Level) Examination (in English medium) in any discipline with minimum entry qualification specified by UGC AND
- A pass in the aptitude test conducted by the Institute
- Upon completion of this programme, the graduate will not only be able to join the public sector but also will be highly sought after by the private sector since the medium of instruction of this degree programme is English
- A graduate has the potential for employability in positions where the basic requirement is an undergraduate (Hons) degree
- In the event of a graduate wanting to pursue a career as an academic, there is a possibility of enrolling either in a Masters' in Education (M.Ed.) or Masters' in Philosophy (M. Phil.) programme
+94 11 7 544801
New Kandy Rd , Malabe
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).