English after A/L's
This course is available to study as an Online Course.
For those who have completed their Advanced Level Examinations and going to use English as a language for their communication for the purpose of employment or higher education etc.
The aim of the course is to develop all four skills of English;
This is a beginner level course and lecturer will discuss with the students to get an idea of their level of English and pay individual attention accordingly.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Have improved your listening skills
- Be more confident when you speak
- Be able to ask questions and participate in conversations
- Be able to use English more effectively in a range of situations
- Be able to correct your own mistakes
- Everything you will learn on this course is practical, and you will be able to practice your new skills and fluency during role-play of real-life scenarios.
Summary of the Content
- Speaking, Listening, Reading and Speaking activities
- Practical grammar
- Expanding vocabulary
- Communication strategies
- Discussions and role-plays
- Social and intercultural English
- English for work and travel
- Media, news and views
- Films and other arts
- Public speaking skills
- Extempore and Group discussion
- Email drafting, Business correspondence
- Avoiding spelling mistakes and mispronunciations
- Letter writing practice
- Personality Development
- Manners & Etiquettes
- Building confidence and developing presentation skills
- Interview skills
- Interview question and answers
- Group assignments
- Individual assignments
Examination – Tests and Forms
- Students will be graded on the completion with Distinction, Merit, Pass or Fail basis, with the possibility to improve and re-submit the assignments on the two re-sit dates in an occasion where the student fails at the first attempt.
- Evaluation will be done by written exam and practical exam.
Online Batch (Full Time)
4 Days Per Week - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Time - 9.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.
- Duration - 02 Months
Registrations are now available, Free T-shirts with every registration.
2 Months (Full Time)
+94 77 7653339
No. 337, 1 Katugastota Rd , Kandy
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).