Certificate in Software Engineering
This course is available to study as an Online Course.
This is most suitable programs for beginners who wish to obtain a thorough knowledge in IT for higher studies, or for those who wish to obtain a sound IT knowledge to boost their respective careers.
- Computer Science Foundations – programming fundamentals, algorithms, data structure and complexities, basic user human factors, operating system basics, programming language basics, etc.
- Construction Technologies – API design and use, parameterization and generics, runtime configuration, concurrency primitives, etc.
- Construction tools- Development environments, unit testing tools, etc
Requirement Analysis and Specification
- Requirement fundamentals
- Eliciting Requirements
- Requirement validation
- Process Concept
- Process Implementation
- Project Planning and Tracking
- Software configuration management
- Evolution Process and Activities
Mathematical and Engineering Fundamentals
- Mathematical Foundations
- Engineering Foundations for Software
Software Modeling and Analysis
- Types of Models – information, behavioral, architectural, domain, and enterprise modeling, and modeling embedded systems
- Analysis Fundamentals – Analyzing form, correctness, and dependability and formal analysis
Introduction to Computer Programming in C
Database Management with MySQL
Object-Oriented Programming with Java
Internet and Web Programming
- Internet fundamentals, concepts, and components in modern web
- Web designing and design software
- Markup language
- Styling language
- Scripting language
- Server side scripting
- Content management system
- Web hosting and security
Software Verification and Validation
- Foundation, metrics, and measurement of software verification and validation
- Review and static analysis
- Problem Analysis and reporting
- Computer and network security
- Developing secure software
- Group dynamics and psychology
- Communication skills
The successful completion of the software engineering course also requires the finalization of a project proposal and submission of assignments in addition to a final examination.
March 01, 2021
March 01, 2021
+94 77 7860687
No 61, Bauddhaloka Mawatha , Bambalapitiya , Colombo 04
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).