BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Engineering
The BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Engineering degree, awarded by Coventry University, is designed for students to be able to optimize their degree according to future aspirations. The focus for Manufacturing Engineering is to apply appropriate knowledge and analytical techniques to the solution of a broad range of logistics-related tasks across the industry.
There is a strong emphasis on the use of professional and innovative working practices, with an awareness of fundamental theoretical and analytical approaches. Key is the continued access to industry (and research) standard apparatus and software.
A major component of the degree is the individual final year project, which allows the student to demonstrate the skills they have learned within a professional context. The final year project is bespoke, research, and industry-inspired and particular to each student with specific aims and objectives that are matched to their strengths and career aims, and in addition, reinforces and builds on aspects of topics they have learned during their course.
Upon completion of this degree, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University.
The student journey is one designed not only to provide technical excellence but also the skills required to work and integrate into a workplace. The degree opens up a wide range of careers in manufacturing not only in Sri Lanka but also globally. The degree provides the student with the problem solving and technical skills that also opens up wide careers in Quality engineering, Lean management and operations management and other associated disciplines.
The degree is based on an innovative activity-led learning approach that is internationally recognized and pioneered by the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Automotive Engineering at Coventry University.
The expected outcomes of this course are;
- The range of relevant knowledge and skills that a graduate needs to enter employment in the manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of the use of information management technology and analytical methods to support the analysis and design of policy and practice in manufacturing
- Opportunities to develop skills in the selection and analysis of manufacturing systems and problem solving
- An emphasis on the problems of the global manufacturing sector informed by international standards
- Awareness of professional responsibilities, including an understanding of the associated ethical and legal issues, and the need for continuing professional development
- Opportunities to develop a more general understanding of business management and skills in business information technology and communication
- To equip students with the required knowledge and skills necessary to secure graduate level employment in the manufacturing sector
+94 11 7 321000
120/5, Wijerama Mawatha , Colombo 07
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).