BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying & Commercial Management
The BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management degree, awarded by Coventry University is designed to equip students (learners) with the knowledge and skills to give expert advice on estimating, construction cost, maintenance cost, procurement, quantification of elements, value management and contract/commercial issues.
We encourage students to develop the innovation and creativity required to tackle the complex commercial and project management problems currently facing the construction and real estate industry relating to sustainability, life cycle costing, service innovation and value Co-creation.
Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management (QSCM) is multidisciplinary subject involved in all aspects of construction, real estate/property business and civil engineering works; the discipline render services ranging from procurement advise, commercial guidance, measurement of construction items, quantification of resources, valuations, costing/estimating, life cycle costing, value management, value engineering, contract administration/management, project management and other post construction management decision.
Upon completion of this degree, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University.
The aims reflect the changing structure of the industry and equip students to meet the future challenges as well as to take advantage of current thinking as to best practice in education.
Teaching is highly practical; throughout the course, you will draw on real-life case studies, such as undertaking a real QSCM practice for a construction contractor and presenting your findings to senior management team of the company. Moreover, you will participate in integrated project work, where theory is put into practice as soon as it is learned.
The expected outcomes of this course are;
- Knowledge and understanding of the key concepts, theories and principles used in Quantity Surveying, Construction, and Commercial Management. These will include contract management principles; design, construction technology, quantification/estimating/costing; life cycle costing, cash flow analysis; finance/value management; and application of project management techniques
- The ability to work effectively with others within the context of a multidisciplinary team respecting the respective inputs from fellow professionals, client(s), and other stakeholders and reflecting on one’s own performance and role within the team
- Knowledge and application of contemporary global issues facing the Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management profession and driving change within it, for example, the sustainability/environmental agenda
- Knowledge and application of professional ethics, their impact on the operation of the Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management profession and their influence on the society; conflict avoidance/dispute resolution; communities and the stakeholders with whom they have contact
- The ability to present quantitative and qualitative information, together with analysis, argument and commentary, in a form appropriate to the intended audience, including appropriate acknowledgement and referencing of sources
- The ability to produce professional reports in accordance with published conventions and/or client expectations
- Skills that promote safe working environments and safe buildings for habitation and use
- Select and use effectively a range of appropriate means of communication including information technology
+94 11 7 321000
120/5, Wijerama Mawatha , Colombo 07
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).