BSc (Hons) Information Technology for Business – ITB
@ National Institute of Business Management - NIBM
The BSc (Hons) Information Technology for Business (ITB) degree, awarded by Coventry University UK is aimed at applicants who wish to advance their skills in computing and business.
Today's businesses are faced with the challenges rising from global competition and technological change. Students are prepared for meeting these challenges by teaching the fundamentals of software development and application that will drive business strategy and competitiveness in an international market.
The course is adaptive, responding to the demands of both locally in Sri Lanka and globally to equip graduates with the required knowledge and skills to fulfil business needs. The course explores the topical areas such as of modern web development, business intelligence, programming, big data, cloud computing and simulation.
Upon completion of this degree, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University UK.
Rapid technological change and the challenges of global competition have raised the demand for highly skilled professionals who can align corporate objectives with modern business systems and an effective Information Technology (IT) infrastructure.
This dynamic course should deepen your understanding of information technology (IT) and aims to teach you the fundamentals of software development and the application required to drive business strategy and competitiveness in an international market. We explore topical concerns such as modern web development, business intelligence, programming, big data, cloud computing and simulation.
The aims of this course are to;
- Provide a range of transferable professional skills including teamwork, autonomous work and learning, critical thinking, professional literacy, intercultural competencies that a participant needs to enter graduate level employment in computing or business and information technology environment
- Provide opportunities for the students to further their studies in Information Technology
- Equip students with an international outlook and a range of knowledge and skills that emphasise information systems, information technology, and project management within diverse business and organisational contexts
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional responsibilities within the domain of Information Technology for Business, including an understanding of the associated ethical and legal issues, and the need for continuing professional development
- Critically evaluate the use and development of current technologies in business and support the analysis and design of policy and practice in business
- Expose students to the software development process that would deliver effective and competitive business solutions for an international platform
Information Technology (IT) , Information Systems
+94 11 7 321000
120/5, Wijerama Mawatha , Colombo 07
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).