BA (Hons) Professional Accounting
This detailed BA (Hons) Professional Accounting degree, awarded by Coventry University UK focuses on giving you the foundational knowledge needed for a successful career within accounting.
For a variety of industries, we will provide you with theoretical insights and the practical knowledge needed to effectively deliver financial services. This course covers a comprehensive range of themes including taxation, financial reporting, budget management and business operations.
The ability to produce quality financial data is integral to strategic decision-making and could ultimately be the reason a business thrives or dissolves. Consequently, studying accountancy and finance can lead to an exciting career in a variety of organisations from public sector to private sector as well as charities.
Upon completion of this degree, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University UK.
The main aim of the course is to provide a credible accounting qualification that will enable students to be equipped with the necessary skills and competences and for them to be able to make a valid contribution to the accounting functions of any organisation such as sole traders, firms of partnerships, private and public companies and charitable organisations.
The course will provide fundamental professional and transferable skills such as team working, communication, problem solving (financial and accounting), time management and digital fluency that are required to work successfully in the industry.
On completion students will be able to;
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of the theoretical, analytical and practical aspects of policies, strategies and processes within a changing environment, to meet stakeholder interests
- Critically appraise theories related to the development of a successful budgeting and financial strategy including the risk factors that need to be considered including country, currency and competitor risk
- Be proficient in developing management level strategy
- Develop appropriate research and analysis techniques, alongside the ability to undertake reliable market research activities
- Operate, lead and collaborate in a team to solve problems of a practical (experimental) nature and to provide appropriate solutions
- Apply appropriate presentation and evaluation tools to establish the significance of research data produced
- To equip students with the required knowledge and skills necessary to secure graduate level employment in the logistics sector
+94 11 7 321000
120/5, Wijerama Mawatha , Colombo 07
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).