Certificate iv in Commercial Cookery (SIT40516)
Why study Commercial Cookery at William Angliss Institute @ SLIIT ?
Our institute, courses are designed to give both apprentices and full time students the very best preparation for a career in commercial cookery. Students develop the fundamental skills and knowledge required in professional cooking and kitchen management using state-of-the art facilities
And also William angliss for over 80 years, the Institute has been a leader in cookery, patisserie, bakery and food processing and has produced some of Australia's best-known chefs. Vocations in food are for creative people, passionate about culinary experiences of all kinds.
Commercial Cookery You'll develop the fundamental skills and knowledge required professional cooking and kitchen management using state of art facilities.
Add hospitality on completion of the certificate programs in Commercial Cookery you may extend your studies (Diploma and Advanced Diploma Hospitality Management) to broaden your understanding of hospitality and prepare for management roles in industry.
- Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary activities for the restaurant. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget
- Sous Chef is the Culinary Chef located just below the executive or head chef in a kitchen's chain of command. Therefore, the Sous Chef has a vital role in any commercial kitchen. As second-in-command, he/she has a large amount of responsibility in the kitchen
- Chef De Partie – as a Chef De Partie you get to oversee a section of the kitchen, be it pastry, butchery, fish, sauces, vegetables. This is why the job is sometimes called a Station Chef or Line Cook. In large kitchens, you usually get help from a Demi-Chef De Partie, Commis or Trainee Chef
- Kitchen Chef-Executive Chefs, Head Cooks, and Chefs De Cuisine are primarily responsible for overseeing the operation of a kitchen. They coordinate the work of sous chefs and other cooks, who prepare most of the meals. … They supervise the restaurant's cooks, prepare meals, and report results to the Head Chefs
- Commis Chef you're on the first rung of the ladder to becoming a great Chef. In most kitchens you'll do food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of a Chef De Partie or Section Chef, rotating through sections such as sauce, vegetables, fish and butchery
Course Admission Requirements
Minimum Entry Requirement is 5 O/L passes including English. Can apply with pending O/L & A/L results.
February, June & September
Mode of Delivery
Teachers utilize a variety of training methods that may include that may include one or more of the following approaches
- Classroom delivery
- Lecture theater delivery
- Specialist classroom delivery
- Online delivery
- Work-based learning
- Kitchen practicals
- Practical demonstrations
- Document / folios
- Critical incident reports
- Oral presentations
- Group projects
- Written assignments
- Research projects
Students can wear Casual Wear for theory classes and must be in full uniform for all practical classes.
Careers and Employment Services can assist you with career development and opportunities to gain valuable experience to ensure a smooth transition from study to work Staff are on campus to provide career guidance and development.
- assist with guidance on written resumes interview skills
- employment vacancy notice board
- employer information session and on campus interviews
- annual career related events and activities where you can network and meet potential employers through our guest lecturer series
+94 11 2 407780, +94 77 9264632
New Kandy Road , Malabe
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).