ITIL4 Foundation Course
ITIL® is the world's leading best practice framework for implementing IT Service Management in the digital transformation journey of the enterprise. ITIL 4 brings ITIL up to date by re-shaping much of the established ITSM practices in the wider context of customer experience, value streams, and digital transformation. ITIL 4 introduces IT Service Management through the lens of a Service Value System (SVS), which provides a holistic end-to-end view of how to successfully contribute to business value, and also how to leverage concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile, DevOps Lean and Organizational Change Management. This foundational course immerses you in the guiding principles, dimensions, and practices of ITIL® 4. ITGRC is committed to your success beyond the classroom. The Course is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enable you to understand the new ways to look at ITSM through a Service Value System (SVS).
The course is comprised of interactive learning sessions, exercises which reinforce the knowledge gained and practice exam questions.
At the end of this three-day course, attendees will have deep understanding of the following -
- Key concepts in the ITIL 4 framework that build upon Lean, Agile, DevOps, and other practices, and how these enable business value to be co-created
- The seven guiding principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL service value system
- ITIL service value chain
- The four dimensions of service management
- Understand 34ITIL practices with a focus on 15 of these.
This course is essentially designed for anyone who needs an understanding of IT Service Management to help Internal and external delivery of better value to customers. It is appropriate for all IT staff and management, as well as customers who work closely with IT to support business requirements.
- Individuals at the start of their journey in service management ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- Individuals working in other parts of IT (digital, product, development) with a strong interface to service delivery
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge
There are no pre-requisites for the Foundation level but a basic IT literacy and familiarity with IT service management and completion and pre-class reading assignment is desirable.
The Course Consists of 12 Modules
- Module 1 - Introduction
- Module 2 - About ITIL4 and Foundation Exam TSM,ITIL Rationale, Agile & DevOps
- Module 3 - Key Components of ITIL4
- Module 4 - Key Concepts and ITSM
- Module 5 - Four dimensions of IT Service Management
- Module 6 - Guiding Principles
- Module 7 - Service Value System (SVS)
- Module 8 - Service Value Chain (SVC) and Value Stream
- Module 9 - Management Practices overview and 15 exam focus practices
- Module 10 - Service Practice Heat maps
- Module 11 - Review & Recap
- Module 12 - Exam Preparation
Delegates will be provided with pre-course work prior to attending the course by email. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to these pre-course materials. It is recommended that delegates spend 2 hour working through the pre-course reading assignments.
Training Material and Deliverables
ITIL4 Foundation Study Guide (4th edition), ITIL4 two sample exams, 5 practice tests, Online Mock Test (only for full course), and in class assignments, keyword Puzzle, sample document and templates, ITIL 4 reference card, Peoplecert Exam ticket, Instructor Led 3 full day training, Lunch and Refreshments, flexibility on sitting for the exam within 2 weeks.
About the Exam
The course culminates in a one-hour multiple-choice examination for the ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate and is a pre-requisite for the further training in ITIL 4. The exam is multiple-choice. There are 40 questions to be completed in 60 minutes. The pass mark is 26 correct answers from 40 (65%).
CPE Credits - Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 18 and ISACA = 18
+94 11 2 825177, +94 77 7372697
No 11/24, 1/1 Melder Place , Nugegoda
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).