The CCNA Security course provides a next step for individuals who want to enhance their CCENT-level skill set and help meet the growing demand for network security professionals. The CCNA Security curriculum provides an introduction to the core security concepts and skills needed for the installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network devices to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
CCNA Security helps students develop the skills needed for entry-level network security career opportunities and prepare for the CCNA Security certification. It provides a theoretically rich, hands-on introduction to network security, in a logical sequence driven by technologies.
The goals of CCNA Security are as follows:
- Provide an in-depth, theoretical understanding of network security
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to design and support network security
- Provide an experience-oriented course that employs industry-relevant instructional approaches to prepare students for entry-level jobs in the industry
- Enable students to have significant hands-on interaction with IT equipment to prepare them for certification exams and career opportunities
Upon completion of the CCNA Security course, students will be able to perform the following tasks;
- Explain network threats, mitigation techniques, and the basics of securing a network
- Secure administrative access on Cisco routers
- Secure administrative access with AAA
- Implement firewall technologies to secure the network perimeter
- Configure IPS to mitigate attacks on the network
- Describe LAN security considerations and implement endpoint and Layer 2 security features
- Describe methods for implementing data confidentiality and integrity
- Implement secure virtual private networks
- Implement an ASA firewall configuration using the CLI
- Implement an ASA firewall configuration and VPNs using ASDM
- Test network security and create a technical security policy
Weekend Batch 01 - (Saturday 5.00 pm - 8.00 pm)
CCENT or completion of Introduction to Networks + Routing & Switching Essentials in CCNA RS course in Cisco Networking Academy program.
+94 112 650301, +94 11 2 650188
Katubedda , Moratuwa
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).