Performance Tuning and Optimizing Microsoft SQL Server Databases
This two-day instructor-led course focuses on Performance Tuning and Optimizing Microsoft SQL Server databases. You will learn the way of making an optimized database, increasing the concurrency and performance of queries.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who are database administrators and database engineers. The secondary audience of this course is individuals who work with Microsoft SQL Server as a software engineer, technical lead or an architect.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites;
- Working knowledge of data related solutions
- Working knowledge on Microsoft SQL Server database
- Working knowledge on T-SQL
After completing this course, you will be able to;
- Describe design considerations of Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Describe design considerations of Microsoft SQL Server tables
- Describe table structures such as heap and cluster
- Describe indexing types: Rowstore and Columnstore
- Describe how to use and maintain indexes
- Describe statistics and why they are important
- Describe how to handle locks and blocks
- Describe concurreny issues and how to handle them
- Describe how to use memory-optimized tables and natively compiled procedures
The following items describe the outline of the course;
- Database deisgn considerations
- Table design considerations
- Table strcutures
- Rowstore index
- Columnstore index
- Index maintenance
- Locks and blocks
- Isolation Levels
- Memory-optimized tables
The following materials are included as part of the course.
- Printed slides with hands-on instructions
- Sample data sources for hands-on
+94 77 7849438, +94 77 7395871
258E, Pahala Biyanwila , Kadawatha
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).