Higher National Diploma in Food Technology – HNDFT
The Higher National Diploma in Food Technology (HNDFT) programme at the SriLanka Institute of Advance Technological Education (SLIATE) was developed and introduced in the year 2012 with the objective of producing the middle level Food Technology professionals required for the new millennium.
Overview of the Program
- HNDFT program is a diploma program of two and a half (2 ½) year duration
- The program will be offered in course unit system in semesters. Hence the program comprises of six semesters, each of 15 week duration
- The program first 4 semesters consist of course work, and the last two semesters of in-plant training
- The total program consists of 85 credits
- All the 85 credits contribute to the GPA of the program
- School levers with G.C.E (A/L) qualifications in Mathematics, Bio Science streams at one sitting
- Minimum of an ordinary pass for English and Mathematics in G.C.E. (O/L)
The Selection Criteria
Candidates are selected through the order of merit in their GCE (A/L) examination.
Preference is given for the candidates, those who are below 23 years old.
Important Information for Beginners to Select the Program
- After the completion of the two year academic program you will be placed in a Food related organization to follow industrial training under NAITA supervision for six months
- Jobs are available at present in Food & Beverages job market in government, semi government and private sector for those who have completed the program
- Carrier development path leading to degree programs are available with local and foreign Universities
+94 11 2 691307
No 320, T.B. Jaya Mawatha , Colombo 10
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).