Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) and the PGD in Business Administration offer the opportunity to obtain theoretical and professional knowledge for practitioners, experts and those who are looking for higher degree qualifications in the field of business. The 60-credit MBA qualification offers specialisation in several areas such as Finance, Marketing and Tourism, that will help them with their career advancement, while the 35-credit PGD provides the opportunity for an early exit as well.
Having these qualifications means that graduates will be able to work responsibly, independently and with managerial spirit in general management, finance, tourism and marketing,and this will open up rewarding opportunities in their future careers.
The country is in a rapid development phase after the 30 year turmoil and the business sector is expanding in an exponential rate.This is demanding individuals with high business calibre and visionary business leadership skills. The FGS-SUSL offers this programme together with the Faculty of Management Studies in order to fill the vacuum for multi-disciplinary MBAs in Sri Lanka.
Specialisation Fields Offered in the MBA Programme
In addition to the MBA General programme, following specialisations are also offered.
- MBA (Finance)
- MBA (Marketing)
- MBA (Tourism)
Intended Learning Outcomes - MBA
Upon completion of the MBA programme, graduates are expected to be able to;
- Demonstrate professionalism, self-awareness, leadership, and effective communication skills in businesses
- Assess ethical issues and dilemmas that businesses often face
- Apply knowledge and skills to solve business problems in core functional areas
- Relate theories in management with the practice
- Demonstrate a global perspective and an awareness on the implications of organisations' cultural differences on business performance
- Possess the skills required to integrate concepts from various disciplines to identify and develop business strategies
- Possess the skills required to manage resources efficiently in a team-based environment and
- Inculcate entrepreneurial initiatives
Intended Learning Outcomes - PGD
Upon completion of the PGD, graduates are expected to;
- Possess the skills required to manage resources efficiently in a team-based environment
- Inculcate entrepreneurial initiatives. Demonstrate professionalism, self-awareness, leadership, and effective communication skills in businesses and
- Assess the ethical issues and dilemmas that businesses often face
The candidate should have at least one qualification of the following categories.
Eligibility Requirement for MBA
- First or Second Class Honours in the First Degree in a related field of the Master's study programme or
- A Degree/Postgraduate Diploma in the relevant field in the relevant subject from a recognized University or
- Master's Degree in any other related field or
- Professional qualification from a recognized body in a related field with two-year experience in a related field acceptable to the Senate of the University or
- Bachelor's Degree in any other discipline or any other equivalent qualification with two-year experience at middle managerial or administrative level in the relevant field acceptable to the Senate of the University
Eligibility Requirement for PGD
- Bachelor's degree in the same field or related field of study or
- Professional qualification from a recognized body with one-year work experience
- Any other diploma from a recognized university/institution with three-year work experience or
- Minimum of five-year executive work experience in a related field
Applicants are short-listed depending on the number of applications received and will be called for an interview for the final selection. If the applications are very much in excess an aptitude test may be held.
+94 45 2 280296
P.O. Box 02 , Belihuloya
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).