B.Sc. in Aircraft Maintenance
This degree programme is conducted for civilian undergraduates in affiliation with SriLankan Airlines. The undergraduates will follow the EASA certified B 1.1 or B2 course for the first two years at SriLankan College (SLAC) and upon successful completion they will continue another one and half years of academic at KDU.
The final six months of the degree programme will be conducted at SLAC as internship/OJT. On successful completion of this degree graduates will be competent in aircraft maintenance in Mechanical or Avionics field and eligible to obtain BSc in Aircraft Maintenance degree. Further graduates are eligible to obtain EASA licence with further two years practical experience in the aircraft maintenance field.
Programme Educational Objectives
To produce outstanding Aircraft Maintenance Engineering graduates who are capable of;
- Applying their knowledge and skills to solve relevant technical problems in the context of Aircraft Maintenance
- Meeting the industry demand for maintaining both commercial aircraft fleets keeping in par with the regulations set forth by airworthiness authorities
- Envisaging innovative ways to develop and apply new technologies in relation to Aircraft Maintenance
- Functioning well in teams, communicate well, continue enhancing their professional competence, and understand the impact of maintenance solutions
- Competency to pursue Type Rating under licensing
+94 11 2 635268
Kandawala Road , Rathmalana
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).