Diploma in Software Engineering
The Department of Computing and Information Systems of the Faculty of Applied Sciences, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka offers the "Diploma in Software Engineering" to cater the needs of the office force and those who are willing to become as a professional in the field of Software Engineering. This course is designed to develop and enhance the IT and software development knowledge of the participants.
The aim of the proposed program is to;
- provide sound theoretical and practical knowledge in software applications and development
- develop students’ programming skills in a practical hands-on environment
- expose students to realistic programming experience opportunities using real world project examples
- produce students those who are highly competent and ready to work in a range of IT programming entry-level positions
- 12 months - weekends (48 weeks – Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Classes will not be held on public holidays
Subject areas to be covered
- Introduction to Software Development
- Software Engineering Theories and Practices
- Software Engineering Applications & Development
- Introduction to Database Management Systems
- Database Management Systems Development
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Introduction to Java
- Project Development Theories and Practices
- Comprehensive Report Writing
- Comprehensive Project
Visit http://www.wyb.ac.lk/index.php/dsad-home to download the application.
+94 37 2 281412
Lional Jayathilake Mawatha , Kanadulla , Kuliyapitiya
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).