Professional Diploma in School Psychology
Professional Diploma in School Counselling is a programme designed to equip individuals with knowledge and skills required to practice as School counselors.
Insights and skills gained through the programme will help them better understand behaviors and thinking patterns of children and adolescents in order to support them
in various issues and in different contexts. Students will study Psychological development of humans from early childhood to teenage, identify abnormal behaviors and
thinking and how to support children in these conditions working with parents and teachers.
As opposed to a traditional child psychology programme this will approach the concepts from an applied aspect and discuss issues during teenage, which is very
important in working with school children.
Upon successful completion students will be able to:
- Understand the normal cognitive, social and moral development from early childhood to adolescence.
- Demonstrate core knowledge in Biological, Cognitive, Developmental, Behavioral, Psychodynamic and Social approach to Psychology
- Apply Psychological theories to improve the quality and effectiveness in parenting, teaching and supporting vulnerable children
- Identify Psychological conditions in children and teenagers and decide how to support children and parents in these conditions
- Apply Psychological insights & skills to counsel school children with problems working with parents and teachers
- Conduct non clinical Psychological assessments to identify strengths and weaknesses of children
- Plan and conduct awareness campaigns to prevent child abuse, to protect and support vulnerable children
+94 112 50 70 71 / 72
No 230, , Galle Road, , Colombo 04, , Sri Lanka
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).