Diploma in Criminal and Forensic Psychology
Diploma in Criminal & Forensic Psychology is a programme designed to provide individuals with basic knowledge and skills required to better understand behaviors and
thinking patterns of individuals who commit crimes and display deviant tendencies.
During the programme students will be introduced to biological, cognitive, social, developmental determinant of behavior and their contribution to criminal behavior.
Programme will also discuss how Psychological frameworks could be used in forensic psychology in terms of offender profiling, forensic interviews, eye witness
testimonies and jury decision making.
Upon successful completion students will be able to:
- Understand the genetic, biological, social and developmental factors that contribute to criminal and anti-social behaviors.
- Demonstrate core knowledge of Psychological theories applicable to criminology and forensic science
- Apply Psychological insights to crime prevention, crime fighting, rehabilitation of criminals and improving forensic investigations
- Using Psychological assessments in profiling, predicting and identifying criminals
- Apply Psychological theories in policy making, protecting vulnerable groups and managing prisoners
+94 112 50 70 71 / 72
No 230, , Galle Road, , Colombo 04, , Sri Lanka
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).