Online WordPress Course
This course is available to study as an Online Course.
WordPress is a free open source blogging tool and content management system. WordPress can be used to create a traditional blogging site; however, it can also be used to create a standard website for business or personal use. This course focuses on creating websites using WordPress. No previous experience is needed. This course is structured in a way to help all students, regardless of their experience, learn WordPress.
Students will learn how to;
- Set up a domain and hosting account
- Set up a MySQL database on their server
- Install WordPress on the MySQL database
- Plan their website by choosing color schemes, fonts, layouts, and more
- Search for themes in WordPress
- Select, install, and activate a theme
- Add posts to their website
- Create website pages
- Add images, photo galleries, and more
- Create tags for SEO and categories to organize their posts
- Use WordPress as a content management system (CMS)
- Use widgets and plugins
- Create an ecommerce site
- Integrate WordPress with social media
- Customize a WordPress site using PHP, CSS, and HTML and more.
- Lesson 1 - Introduction to WordPress
- Lesson 2 - Finding a Home for your WordPress Site
- Lesson 3 - Installing WordPress on Your Site
- Lesson 4 - Content Management using WordPress
- Lesson 5 - Selecting the Right Tools
- Lesson 6 - Image Formats
- Lesson 7 - Fonts and Colors
- Lesson 8 - Designing Your WordPress Site
- Lesson 9 - The WordPress Default Layout
- Lesson 10 - Themes and Templates
- Lesson 11 - More on Widgets and Template Tags
- Lesson 12 - Parent and Child Themes
- Lesson 13 - Creating a Custom Site
- Lesson 14 - Using WordPress as a Content Management System
- Lesson 15 - Using WordPress Plugins
October 02, 2023
+94 11 2 363632 +94 77 7 996242
03, 1/1 , Fernando Road , Colombo 06
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).