Qualification: Diploma in Business Studies (Level 3 UK – 120 Credits)
Awarding Body: Raffles College of Higher Education
Duration: 6 Months (2 Terms)
Intakes: January, April, July & October
Standard Benchmarks: QAA – Business and Management – February 2015
Raffles aim to rise to the challenges and accept that different eras will demand different values, skills, behaviours and competencies from all of us. As a higher education provider, we strive to lead in the development of creativity, design and management expertise to contribute to the development of society.
Our business degree curriculum has groomed many individuals into successful corporate practitioners. The school offers business courses such as: Management, Marketing, and Entrepreneurship & Small Business Operation. Raffles School of Business in Colombo is under Raffles and starting to run in July 2018.
Aims of the programme:
The Diploma in Business is an introductory programme to prepare students for entry into Advanced Diplomas in business specializations. The overall aims of the programme are to develop:
- Knowledge and skills in marketing research and planning;
- Knowledge and skills in analysing and interpreting financial statements;
- Knowledge and skills in managing human resource;
- The ability to perform statistical analysis and interpretation for business situations;
- The ability to apply marketing and operation management techniques and best practices;
- The ability to communicate professionally and to work independently or in a group.
- Digital Presentation
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- Business Statistics 1: Descriptive Statistic and Probability
- Academic Research and Communication Skills
- Marketing Foundation
- Operation Service Design and Management 1
- Business Statistics 2: Inferential Statistics