Diploma of Event Management (SIT50316)
Why study Events at William Angliss Institute @ SLIIT ?
We William Angliss Institute @ SLIIT, are situated in Malabe/SLIIT and we are Sri Lanka's most modern and prestigious hospitality academy, partnered with the William Angliss Institute, Australia. Who is a premier Specialist Education center for Hospitality, Tourism, Culinary Arts and Event Management in the world.
William Angliss Institute - AUSTRALIA, is a part of the Victorian Government, education sector and has been delivering education for the past 80 years and is ranked #1 in Australia/ South East Asia and rated third globally as the best education provider for Hospitality, Tourism, Culinary Arts & Event Management.
In addition, WAI has partnerships/ affiliations with institutes in China, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Sri Lanka.
Here, we began offering Hospitality Management Programs in Colombo, Sri Lanka in early 2012 and to date we have enrolled 1000+ students and 30+ international students.
Hospitality and Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries throughout the world and WAI graduates can expect to fill one of 30 million top jobs and career paths with hospitality organizations. Graduates with a William Angliss Institute, Australia qualification have a 96% JOB SUCCESS RATE globally.
We currently offer only up to the "Advanced Diploma" Qualification and the final awarding body will be from William Angliss Institute -AUSTRALIA.
After Diploma or Advanced Diploma, students may continue further studies with the degree programs offered by William Angliss Institute delivered in Melbourne.
A qualification in Events will provide you with multitude career options locally and globally. If you are energetic and organized, then a career in Events might be for you?
- Conference Manager this position is considered a major leadership position in Conference Services. The Conference Manager positions are expected to manage the desk of assigned hall, supervise Conference Assistants and provide immediate support to conference guests
- Event Manager Primary responsibilities. Manage staff responsible for event coordination activities. Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events
- Functional Managers and Project Managers have different roles and duties within an organization. Project Managers must bring people together from different functions and specific skills to accomplish specialized tasks within a required time
Course Admission Requirements
Minimum Entry Requirement is 5 O/L passes including English. Can apply with pending O/L & A/L results.
February, June & September
- Practical demonstrations
- Document / folios
- Critical incident reports
- Oral presentations
- Group projects
- Written assignments
- Research projects
Students can wear Casual Wear for theory classes and must be in full uniform for all practical classes.
Careers and Employment Services can assist you with career development and opportunities to gain valuable experience to ensure a smooth transition from study to work Staff are on campus to provide career guidance and development.
- Assist with guidance on written resumes interview skills
- Employment vacancy notice board
- Employer information session and on campus interviews
- Annual career related events and activities where you can network and meet potential employers through our guest lecturer series
+94 11 2 407780, +94 77 9264632
New Kandy Road , Malabe
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).