Master of Business Administration (MBA)
With origins dating back to 1897, The University of the West of Scotland (UWS) is one of UK's largest modern universities, and aims to have a transformational infuence on the economic, social and cultural development of the West of Scotland and beyond.
ICBS partnered with UWS to offer the BA (Hons) International Business & Finance in 2016, a global first which ensures that graduates become triple qualified in the short span of 3 years. The programme qualifies students for 20 exemptions from two of the largest professional bodies in the world, ACCA and CIMA.
An extension of the relationship between UWS and ICBS in 2017 resulted in the launch of the MBA International Business and MBA International Business & Finance. The University with a business school ranking of 68th for Business and Management Studies and 63rd for Accounting & Finance provides students the opportunity to study their MBA from a top ranked Business School in the country.
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) qualification is recognised the world over. The UWS Business Schools have been providing MBA education to a global audience since the late 1980s, which focuses on developing strategic, analytical skills as well as business intuition, adaptive & critical thinking.
- An impressive panel of lecturers, from Industry and Academia
- Providing student centered, personalised and distinctive learning and teaching experiences supported by professionally relevant knowledge exchange and enterprise
- A culture where students are supported to be highly motivated, creative and collaborative
- ICBS works in close cooperation with industry, providing students with a programme that reflects the latest thinking and trends in the marketplace. The MBA carries professional recognition making it relevant and useful to students and employers
- Through leading edge technology and the provision of an inspirational learning environment, our approach to learning will prepare students for a rewarding future
- The MBA provides globally relevant skills with the ability to transfer knowledge into practice
- At ICBS we will equip you to identify and make the most of the opportunities on offer, setting you on the path to success
- The MBA will enhance your technical and academic knowledge whilst developing the key transferable skills valued by employers
- Learning from eminent lecturers with a first class learning environment, the MBA can open doors to a new or advanced career path
Our Students are Motivated to;
- Develop entrepreneurial thinking
- Enhance decision making skills
- Gain new management techniques to thrive in their organisations
- Accelerate their professional development
- Develop analytical, critical and problem solving skills to solve real business challenges
- Develop their personal networks
Entry Requirements (MBA - General)
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university OR
- A fully completed professional qualification OR
- Part qualified in any professional qualification equivalent to an Advanced Diploma with 2 to 3 years of work experience OR
- 5 years of work experience of which, minimum 3 years to be demonstrated at a supervisory level.
- Any other qualification subject to the verification by the University.
+94 11 4 515253, +94 77 3918777
No 320 1/1, Galle Road , Colombo 03
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).