University Foundation - Information Technology
Diploma in Information Technology covers project planning to decision making process of information systems according to related business strategies. Diploma in Information Technology develops knowledge and understanding of data processing in a computerized environment for the present competitive world. Diploma in Information Technology is aimed at potential employees and professionals planning a career in information technology and information systems.
Diploma in Information Technology is open to everyone regardless of previous educational background. However, it may be of particular interest to:
- Individuals working with information technology or information systems
- A university student considering placements, careers in the field of IT or IS and/or further study
- Someone with general interest in information technology
Diploma in Information Technology is accredited at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) level 6 (30 credits) and benchmarked against European Qualifications Framework (EQF) level 4.
- Information Systems and Business
- The Impact of Information Technology
- The Information Systems Function: Organizational Issues
- Feasibility Studies
- The Project Manager and Project Stakeholders
- Project Phases and Management Tools
- The Information Systems Development Process
- Systems Analysis: User Requirements
- External Design
- Software Sources and Selection
- Implementing Systems
- Security and Legal Compliance
- Post-Implementation Issues
Entry Criteria - GCE O/L with 5 Credits including Mathematics & English OR Working Experience
Examination - Student’s convenience time
Intakes - January / June / November
+94 11 4 401997, +94 77 6134850
#320, R.A. De Mel Mawatha , Colombo 03
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).