Finance for Non - Finance Professionals
Business professionals and managers in any organization rely upon financial information to enable them to effectively undertake their roles. Thus, it is vitally important that managers are able to understand, interpret, and utilize financial information and reports, and can acquire the knowledge and skills to apply financial techniques to financial data, to inform logical and worthwhile decision-making.
This programme is designed to equip non-financial managers with the finance skills they need to better understand the financial implications of their decisions in order to improve the financial performance of their organisation. The programme will demystify key financial terminology, concepts and principles enabling mangers operating in a non-financial setting to better understand and contribute to their organization’s financial success. The course explains the fundamentals of finance with the assumption of basic numeracy skills and provides a good understanding of standard financial statements and operational messages that can be derived from them. It then examines financial and performance ratios, the applications of sales pricing, costing, interest and borrowings, taxation, investment, performance measurements, risk mitigation and hedge fund operations.
Who Should Attend
- Any manager, entrepreneur or business professional who needs to understand the financial impact of their decisions
- Lawyers, Engineers, Doctors, Architects, Engineers, Project Managers and any professional who needs to understand what the numbers are telling them
- Company Directors
All participants will be awarded a certificate at the end of the programme with the endowment of a senior professional.
Rs. 30,000.00 which includes study materials, refreshments, snacks and lunch.
6 Day programme on Saturday over six weekends from 9.00 am till 4.00 pm.
- Dr. Anil Fernando, FCA, FCMA, MBA (Finance) (AIT), DBA (AIT)
- Mr. Ganaka Amarasinghe, Managing Director, Raigam, FCA, BSc, MBA (Col.)
- Ms.Sriyamal Gamage, Director Finance, Hayleys Advantis, FCA, MBA (Col.)
- Mr. Ruwan Keragala, Director Finance, MAS Intimates, FCCA, ACMA, BBA, MBA (Imperial)
- Mr. Kosala Liyanagama, FCA, MBA (PIM)
- Mr Asanka Ranasinghe, Finance Manager - Research, Softlogic, ACMA, CGMA, MBA
+94 11 2 667678
#65/5, Ward Place , Colombo 07
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).