Certificate in Pattern Making & Grading
This course provides an in depth knowledge of technical skills that is essential in the pattern making and grading department in the garment industry.
- Guaranteed internship training for students below 24 years during or upon completion of the course
- Students will obtain overall knowledge of different departments in the Garment Industry whilst this course will be useful for the development of their career
- In depth knowledge that is essential to be a professional Pattern maker
- Local and International career opportunities in the Garment Industry and Buying Offices
- Knowledge to develop individual business opportunities
- Introduction to Pattern Production
- The Basic Principles of Pattern Production
- Identification of tools and equipment used in Pattern Cutting & Grading
- Body Measurement Procedures and measuring positions and guides for taking measurements
- Construction of Basic Block Draft on Shirts, T-shirts and Jackets
- Development of Production Pattern Sets
- Construction of Basic Skirts Blocks
- Pattern Development of different styles of Skirts (Pleated, Panel & Flared)
- Construction of Basic Block Draft on Pants and Shorts
- Construction of Basic Bodies Blocks, Darts and Dart Manipulation
- Construction of Different types of Sleeves and Sleeve Styling
- Pattern Grading Techniques and Principles of Grading Patterns
- Pattern Drafting and Grading for manufacturing specifications
- GCE (O/L) OR Six months' work experience in the apparel industry
On successful completion of the course, students are awarded with a Certificate which is highly recognized in the Garment Industry for employment.
+94 11 2 806036, +94 77 2204101
23, Vijaya Kumaranathunga Mawatha , Colombo 05
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).