B. Sc. Business Administration (General) External
The B.Sc. Business Administration (General) External Degree Programme is offered by the Department of Business Administration of the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
The Department was first established in 1959/1960 as the Department of Business and Public Administration. The Department of Business and Public Administration was reconstituted as Department of Management Studies in 1968. In 1980, the Department of Management Studies was split into two separate Departments, namely, Department of Business Administration and Department of Public Administration under the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce. The Department of Business Administration has been able to maintain popularity and recognition from its inception to date.
The main purpose of establishing the Department of Business Administration was to offer the internal B.Sc. Business Administration (special) Degree Programme. The Business Administration internal degree has an academic history of more than 50 years as the pioneering and leading degree programme in the field of Business Management in Sri Lanka. Commencing from the academic year 2001/2002, the existing degree programme in Business Administration was completely redesigned to produce present and future human resources requirement to meet the socio- economic development of the country with a global scenario.
In this background, the Department of Business Administration introduced the B.Sc. Business Administration (General) External Degree Programme in 1997 with the aim of fulfilling the socio-economic expectations of the higher education sector of the country. It was revised in the year 2011 to cope up with the emerging global realities in the wider society.
Those who possess the following entry requirements are eligible to apply for registration as an external candidate for the B.Sc. Business Administration (General) External Degree Programme.
- Three passes for any subject combination in the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) – G.C.E. (A/L) of Sri Lanka OR
- Any of the following qualification/s which has been accepted by the Senate of University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Trained teachers (from any discipline) with at least three (3) years of post – trained teaching experience OR
- Holders of Diplomas in Management with duration of at least one year from a Recognized University OR
- Holders of any one of the following academic or professional qualifications
- Successful completion of London Advanced Level Examination ( At least three passes for any subject combination)
- Full qualification – AAT (Sri Lanka) or (United Kingdom)
- Higher National Diploma in Accounting or Higher National Diploma in Management – Advanced Technical Institute of Sri Lanka
- Passed finalist – Chartered Institute of Marketing (United Kingdom)
- Passed finalist – Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing
- Completion of Diploma in Banking and Finance (DBF) – Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka
- An officer employed in the Sri Lanka Administrative Service and who has passed the limited admission test to join the Administrative Service in Sri Lanka
- A ranked officer of the Sri Lanka Army, Navy, Air force
- A member of the Sri Lanka Police Department – Sub Inspector and above OR
- Exemptions granted for internal students (who could not complete their degrees within the stipulated period) of the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce of University of Sri Jayewardenepura OR
- Exemptions granted for the students who have registered for (who could not complete their degrees within the stipulated period) the B.Sc. Business Administration (General) External Degree Programme (under the old syllabus) OR
- Any other qualification acceptable for the University Senate
- Whose age is 18 years or above at the time of the application closing date of the selection test
+94 11 2 801481
Gangodawila , Nugegoda
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).