Bachelor of Science in Nursing
This programme prepares a nurse who is a "generalist" to provide quality care in every aspect of nursing practice with advanced knowledge and skills.
The aims of Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree programme are to provide advanced skills in holistic client-centred nursing care, leadership, teaching, research, and management; to increase the understanding of the health care system of Sri Lanka to be sensitive to national and world-wide nursing issues; to encourage to be actively engaged in shaping policies affecting the health care system of Sri Lanka; to increase overall work satisfaction; and to provide the necessary preparation for post-graduate studies.
At the registration date of the B.Sc. Nursing Degree Programme, applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- General Nursing Certificate/ Diploma in Nursing awarded by a School of Nursing accepted by Ministry of Health
- Minimum of two years experience after qualifying as a nurse, and
- Sri Lanka Medical Council/ Nursing Council Registration as a Nurse and one of the followings
- Three passes at the GCE (A/L) in any number of sittings, Or
- Three passes in 3 disciplines from among the Foundation courses in Science offered by the Faculty of Natural Sciences, the Open University of Sri Lanka, Or
- Three passes in combination of above 4 and 5, Or
- The Post Basic Diploma (in any field in Nursing) awarded by the Post Basic School of Nursing of Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka
+94 11 2 881355
P.O. Box 21 , Nawala , Nugegoda
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).