Bachelor of Pharmacy
This programme aims to produce a professional pharmacist with knowledge, favorable attitudes and skills in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences to suit the needs of the healthcare sector and in relevant academic and research fields.
Upon successful completion of the B.Pharm degree programme, a Pharmacy graduate is expected to:
- Acquire an understanding of the theoretical and applied knowledge of the direction and administration of the pharmaceutical services and drug procurement
- Acquire knowledge and skills in drug regulation and control, formulation and quality control of pharmaceutical products, inspection and assessment of drug manufacturing facilities and assurance of product quality throughout the distribution chain
- Use appropriate communication skills in provision of drug information
- Practice effective teaching and research skills
- Participate in national and institutional formulary committees
- Acquire necessary skills to train other healthcare workers
- Work as clinical pharmacists
- Understand the value and ethics of society and the profession
1. Obtained registration as a Registered Pharmacist with the Sri Lanka Medical Collage Council or Sri Lanka Medical Council or any other Regulatory Body related to Pharmacy acceptable to the University ; and,
2. Obtained two years of post-qualifying experience as a Pharmacist; and,
3. Obtained any one of following,
3.1 Obtained three passes at the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) in science stream with at least a C pass in Chemistry subject or,
3.2 Completion the Foundation Courses (including BG3; pass for Chemistry) conducted by the Open University of Sri Lanka or,
3.3 Obtained requirements in combination of Section 3.1 and 3.2 or,
3.4 Obtained an equivalent or higher qualification acceptable to the Senate. The University may select students for admission to the programme from among those deemed to be eligible for admission under Regulation 1, 2 and 3 on the basis of their performance at test conducted for the purpose of admission.
+94 11 2 881163
P.O. Box 21 , Nawala , Nugegoda
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).