Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences
The BA is a 3 year programme starting at Level 3. Each year is divided into two semesters. Each semester you can offer courses worth a maximum of 18 credits. To complete the programme you need to have a total of 108 credits. Each year you will offer a combination of compulsory and elective courses. In addition, you will have to offer what are known as 'Continuing Education' courses. You can select up to 9 credits of CE courses each year. Some of the Continuing Education courses such as English are compulsory.
The BA in Social Sciences is a 3 year multi-disciplinary degree offered in the English medium. The BA in Social Sciences offers you the opportunity to obtain a multi-disciplinary social science training while also selecting a stream in which you can obtain a special orientation. Students who register for the BA can choose from the following 4 streams;
- Economics and Development Studies
- Communication Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Society and Culture Studies
- Completion of any Level 2 programme offered by the Open University of Sri Lanka, OR
- Three passes at the G.C.E. Advanced Level in any stream, OR
- An equivalent or higher qualification acceptable to the Senate of the Open University of Sri Lanka
+94 11 2 881403
P.O. Box 21 , Nawala , Nugegoda
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).