Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
The Department of Legal Studies offers the Degree of Bachelor of Laws (LLB). The degree is offered with the intention of teaching core courses in law required for the degree.
- Constitutional Law
- Principles of Equity
- Introduction to the Laws of Sri Lanka
- Legal Method
- Law of Contracts
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Administrative Law
- Land Law
- Environmental Law
- Public International Law
- Labour Law
- Commercial Law
- Human Rights Law
- Law of Delict
A person aged 18 years or above and has acquired any of the following educational/professional qualifications is eligible to apply for this programme.
- Successful completion of Levels 1 and 2 of any Foundation Programmes conducted by the Open University;
- Four passes, at the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination (under the old syllabus which had 4 subjects) of which at least three passes should have been obtained at one sitting;
- Three passes in core subjects at one sitting at the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination (under the new syllabus which has 3 subjects);
- An equivalent or higher qualification acceptable to the Senate of the Open University;
- Be an Attorney-at-Law.
+94 11 2 881432
P.O. Box 21 , Nawala , Nugegoda
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).