Diploma in Child Protection
This national diploma programme in child protection focuses on skills development of professionals in child protection, child welfare and the other related fields in Sri Lanka. It is designed in keeping with the qualification framework advocated by the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Council of the UGC in Sri Lanka.
This course will be taught by qualified and experienced internal and external faculty. Lessons will be conducted in class rooms & field settings. Besides observation visits and study tours, workshops will also be conducted on IT and Research methodology related to social work and child protection practice.
Duration of the course
- One academic year.
- It is a one year part-time course held on Friday evening 4.00 pm. - 7.00 pm. and Saturday 9.00 am. - 4.00 pm.
Medium - Sinhala and Tamil.
The course consists of the following components:
- Eight Course Units
- Two Field Practicums
- DCP 001 - Introduction to Child protection
- DCP 002 - Social Work and Child Protection
- DCP 003 - Child and Law
- DCP 004 - Child and Family Intervention Techniques (Case Management)
- DCP 005 - Field Practice I (concurrently held with Field Placement on `Working with Children and Families')
- DCP 006 - Child Development
- DCP 007 - Child Counselling
- DCP 008 - Community mobilization for Child Protection
- DCP 009 - Children with Special Needs
- DCP 010 - Field Practice II (concurrently held with field placement on working with community)
+94 11 2 882506
488 A, Nawala Road , Rajagiriya
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).