Diploma in Counselling
The Diploma programme in Counselling which commenced in 2001 is conducted by the training Division at the NISD as an in-house weekend training programme. This Division also conducts a similar course in Counselling in the North Western Province as an Out-Reach programme, reaching out to the distant clients.
The Diploma programme in Couselling is an eighteen month programme. This programme is conducted in two semesters of class room lessons followed by a six month long field practicum.
Within the field practicum period, students learn to apply the theoretical knowledge that they gained in class room lessons to real field (Ground) settings under the close supervision provided by trained professionals. The field placements should be full time.
The total number of contact hours of the programme will be 432 hours. Of the total 288 hours are allocated for class room lectures and 144 hours for skills training in the field.
The Diploma in Counselling programme consists of the following components:
- Eight Course Units
- One Field Practicum Unit
- The subjects and subject codes of the courses by semester are as follows.
1st year 1st Semester:
- DC101 - General Psychology
- DC102 - Developmental Psychology
- DC103 - Social Psychology
- DC104 - Psychology of Abnormal Behavior
1st year 2nd Semester:
- DC105 - Counseling Theories
- DC106 - Counseling Techniques
- DC107 - Counseling Treatment Planning
- DC108 - Counseling Skill Development
2nd Year field work (Six Months) :
- DC109 - Field Practicum on Skills Development
+94 11 2 882506
488 A, Nawala Road , Rajagiriya
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).