BEng (Hons) Civil and Environmental Engineering
Civil Engineers design and build infrastructure facilities such as roads, bridges, commercial and residential buildings, water works, ports and airports. With many infrastructure development activities everywhere in the world, Civil Engineers enjoy a very high demand in the construction industry.
In this programme you will study a broad spectrum of subjects including structural analysis and design, hydraulics, geotechnical engineering, fluid mechanics, hydrology, surveying, civil engineering technology and construction management.
- Mathematics and Engineering Principles
- Surveying, Drawing, GIS and CAD
- Environmental Engineering Field Study
- Engineering and Environmental Materials
- Civil Engineering Technology and Design
- Engineering Hydrology
- Structural Design and Soil Mechanics
- Hydraulics and Engineering Applications
- Project Management, Health and Safety Risk Management
- Applications of Mathematics for Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Engineering Geology
- Structural Analysis and Geotechnics
- Advanced Structural Modeling
- Design of structural elements.
- Final Year Project
30 Credits to be selected from Pool A OR 30 credits to be selected comprising 15 credits from Pool B and 15 credits from Pool C.
- Advanced Geographical Expedition
- Placement OR
- Strategic Issues in Engineering
- Environmental Assessment OR
- Coastal Management OR
- Traffic Safety & Management
- Three Passes at Local AL (mathematics stream), or
- 240 UCAS Tariff Points for London AL (mathematics stream)
Exempted 1 1/2 years from BEng (Hons) Civil and Environmental Engineering for NDT/HNDE/NDES or equal qualifications.
LKR 1,170,000 (awards limited seats #40)
+94 11 5 990000, +94 71 5500200
141, Church Road , Colombo 15
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).