MSc Information Technology
Rapid advances in technology mean we live in an ever changing world. By far the most important driving factor in this change is Information Technology.
The British School of Commerce, in association with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers a Masters Programme in Information Technology designed to track technological changes and enable you to develop into a consummate professional in this rapidly evolving field. The programme includes topics that will help develop your understanding of a range of technology related areas with the aim of helping you build your career in the development and application of IT; Key targets include the fields of Communications (Communications and Information Technology) and Management Information Systems.
The programme aims to:
- Provide the skills and knowledge to place you at the forefront of a specific academic or professional discipline
- Enable you to critically analyse received knowledge through independent research
- Provide you with a platform where you can apply creative problem solving skills
- Enable you to become a reflective practitioner: Able to make practical decisions based on an understanding of academic content and processes as well as practical experience
- Encourage you to objectively analyse your personal competencies and opportunities for self-development and build on the learning arising from the programme
- Endow you with the qualities needed for employment in circumstances requiring sound judgment, personal responsibility and initiative, in complex and often unpredictable professional environments.
- For the first two semesters, students will be registered on a Postgraduate Diploma programme. Students who complete the Postgraduate Diploma programme will then register for the final phase with Cardiff Metropolitan University to obtain the MSc degree. The entire course can be completed in Colombo. Students also have the option of completing the final semester at other LSC Group campuses in Asia and Europe.
For the first two semesters, students will be registered on a Postgraduate Diploma programme. Students who complete the Postgraduate Diploma programme will then register for the final phase with Cardiff Metropolitan University to obtain the MSc degree. The entire course can be completed in Colombo. Students also have the option of completing the final semester at other LSC Group campuses in Asia and Europe.
This course leads to a degree awarded by Cardiff Metropolitan University.
16 Months (Full-time)
Rs. 490,000 (Equivalent to £2,450)
Bachelors degree from a recognised university with good grades (should be equivalent to a UK Bachelors (Hons) degree). Professional qualification or relevant work experience in the field of IT is mandatory.
- Information Systems and Technologies
- Maths for Computing and Introduction to Programming
- Networking Essentials
- Concepts of Databases
- Programming Methodology
- Relational Database Systems
- Data Communications, Networks and Digital Communications
- Project Management and Research Methodology
With Two Additional Electives From:
- Software Systems Engineering
- Strategic Information Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
+94 11 2 595922
No 19, Mcleod Road , Colombo 04
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).