Diploma in Fashion Design
Diploma in Fashion Design allows you to develop the practical skills, in a creative perspective towards the designated area, which also involves the introduction of industry studies for fashion design and developing of fashion collections. The program will enable you to develop a practical background and allow your creative practice to the highest standards. This program challenges individuals to extend themselves creatively and conceptually to explore their ideas.
The aim of this diploma is to develop the designing skills and to facilitate the identification and development of a personal rationale for your own creative practice. You have the opportunity to follow the distinctive pathway in fashion design to an advanced level on completion of the Diploma in Fashion Design program.
Discover the many facets of the fashion and design industry and begin your journey to an exciting career at the most important fashion school in Sri Lanka. Many options are available to meet your ambitions. Don’t hesitate any longer!
Semester 1 (20 weeks)
- Fashion Business
- International Fashion Designers
- Global Apparel Manufacturers
- International Fashion Brands
- Fashion Communication & Presentation
- Textile identification & fabric properties
- 2D & 3D Fashion Illustration
- Digital Design
Semester 2 (20 weeks)
- Fashion Trends
- Fundamentals of Pattern making & Manipulation
- Research & Concept development
- Design Development
- Collection Development for women’s wear
- Portfolio Development
- GCE O/L (5 passes) or equivalent International Secondary education
- Fluency in English is mandatory
+94 11 2 554394, +94 77 9988285
#03, Coniston Place , Colombo 07
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).