HND in Quantity Surveying
A quantity surveyor manages all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Surveyors seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
A quantity surveyor may work for either the client or the contractor, working in an office or on-site. They are involved in a project from the start, preparing estimates and costs of the work.
Awarded By - ICBT Campus Associated with Cardiff Metropolitan University UK
- First Semester
- Professional Communication & negotiation skills for Quantity Surveying practice
- Management Studies for Construction and the Built Environment
- Building Technology and Environmental Design for Construction
- Construction Project Planning and Design Management
- Second semester
- Civil Engineering technology and structural design
- Construction Management studies
- Material science and structural integrity in building & engineering design
- Fundamentals of Computer Aided Design & Model-based process
- Third Semester
- Principles of Building surveying, maintenance, conversion and Adaptation
- Construction Economics and Financial Management in Construction Contracting
- Management Accounting and procedures for Quantity Surveying practice
- Measurement of construction works
- Fourth Semester
- Project Administration and Law of Contract for Construction
- Estimating and Tendering methods for Construction and the Built Environment
- Practice and contractual procedure for Quantity Surveying
- Group Project for Construction and the Built Environment
- Industrial Training (optional)
G.C.E. Advanced Level
+94 11 4 777888
No. 36, De Kretser Place , Colombo 04
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).