The MBA delivered at Western College, Sri Lanka is a part-time programme for business professionals preparing to become senior managers. Its focus is on the development of knowledge and understanding of strategic management issues in order to reflect on and improve business and management practice. The programme is designed to dovetail with the demands of a full-time job.
No matter what part of industry or commerce you work in, the Part-time MBA course will assist you in gaining a critical understanding of the problems and challenges facing enterprises and organisations and equip you with the analytical and critical faculties to identify potential solutions. These qualities are sought by prestigious employers.
Distinctive Features at Western College
- The MBA is designed for business professionals preparing to become senior managers.
- Students will have direct access to the Universities learning management system.
- Local and foreign residential to improve non cognitive skills of Students (such as Team work, Interpersonal Skills, Corporate Ethics, Etiquette and communication skills.)
- Premium Quality learning spaces, resources and technologies
- It is delivered by an experienced and qualified local lectures and industry experts.
- Students have access to an extensive online library comprising of text books and journals
- Membership to the international Alumni of the University of Bolton.
- Industry workshops with reputed organizations
- Applicants will have at least two years relevant work experience and a UK honours degree/postgraduate degree (or equivalent)
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language will be required to demonstrate their competence in English. This will be achieved by one of the following qualifications:
- GCE English Minimum Grade C
- A score of at least 6.5 in IELTS upon entry to the programme
- All application forms need to be accompanied by a reflective overview of the managerial responsibilities undertaken to date. A letter of reference on headed paper from the current/most recent employer should also be provided clearly showing length of employment and a breakdown of roles and responsibilities