M.Sc. in Project Management in Construction - Awarded by University of Salford - UK
The University of Salford is pleased to offer a new programme on Construction Project Management delivered in Sri Lanka via the innovative ‘flying faculty’ system. The course is based at the Colombo School of Construction Technology (CSCT).
The Masters degree is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and Association for Project Management (APM). The course will equip you with the knowledge and expertise needed to plan, organise, secure and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of projects to client’s expectations and satisfaction. It enables you to recognise the significance of process, technology and people to the success of projects; to more effectively lead, organise and plan projects; to analyse corporate practice and implement highly effective strategies for change.
Special Features of the Programme
This qualification meets the training needs of practicing and aspiring project managers in the modern built environment. The course encourages you to expand your skills in an independent, analytical and reflective manner, and challenges your thoughts and judgments. Our teaching is driven by 'real world' problems and scenario-led approaches that illustrate how academic principles work in reality.
- The course is delivered fully by University of Salford staff using full-time and blended-learning approaches.
- Accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Accredited by the Association for Project Management (APM)
- Assessments are coursework-based with no exams
- Four taught modules and a dissertation
- Affordable, discounted fees
- Supported by leading contractors, consultants, trade associations, professional bodies and the Chamber of Construction Industry in Sri Lanka
- All lectures conducted at the Colombo School of Construction Technology (CSCT) campus in Colombo.
Applicants for this course must have;
- A minimum of a second class undergraduate honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- A minimum of a second class undergraduate honours degree in an unrelated discipline and significant relevant work experience within within project management areas of the construction industry
- A recognised appropriate professional qualification such as RICS or CIOB
All students must provide evidence of proficiency in English. For Sri Lankan students the requirement is a Credit Pass in English at the GCE (ordinary level) examination.
Appropriately experienced applicants will be considered in line with the University’s Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) procedure.
+94 11 4 061263
128, Pagoda Road , Pita Kotte
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).