M.Sc. in Quantity Surveying - RICS Accredited - Awarded by University of Salford - UK
The MSc in Quantity Surveying is delivered in Sri Lanka using a flying faculty. The course is based at the Colombo School of Construction Technology (CSCT) and offers start dates throughout the year, meaning you can study at a time and place that suits you.
The Masters degree is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), and is specifically developed for professionals or graduates who want to specialise in quantity surveying.
This course aims to create reflective practitioners in quantity surveying who have a knowledge and understanding of procurement and financial management and recognise the significance of process, technology and people to the success of projects. Followers of this course will critically examine existing practice through implementing process measurement, evaluate alternative strategies for process improvement and will develop skills and capabilities to integrate and improve teamwork in construction operations.
Course Duration and Intakes
One year with three intakes in January, May and September every year.
Special Features of the Programme
- The course is delivered fully by University of Salford staff using full-time and blended learning approaches
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Assessments are coursework based with no exams
- Four taught modules and dissertation
- Affordable fees
- Supported by leading contractors, consultants, trade associations, professional bodies and the Chamber of Construction Industry in Sri Lanka
- All lectures conducted at the Colombo School of Construction Technology (CSCT) campus in Colombo
Applicants for this course must have;
- A minimum of a second class undergraduate honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- A minimum of a second class undergraduate honours degree in an unrelated discipline and significant work experience within the built environment, or
- A recognised appropriate professional qualification such as RICS or CIOB
All students must provide evidence of proficiency in English. For Sri Lankan students the requirement is a Credit Pass in English at the GCE (ordinary level) examination. Appropriately experienced applicants will be considered in line with the University’s Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) procedure.
+94 11 4 061263
128, Pagoda Road , Pita Kotte
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).